Coface Global Solutions
MULTI-COUNTRY CREDIT INSURANCE COVER FOR MULTINATIONAL COMPANIES
HOW CAN COFACE GLOBAL TRADE CREDIT INSURANCE BENEFIT YOUR BUSINESS?
With Coface Global Solutions, companies have an array of tools to manage their credit insurance, with access to:
- Coface’s international network, which offers credit insurance services either directly or through partners in 99 countries
- A global database with information on 65 million debtors, and 350 risk underwriters specialized by business sector
- The “CGS Dashboard”, a modern and user-friendly platform to analyze client risks online. The CGS Dashboard provides a worldwide overview by client, risk level or country assessment and a clear view of the insured risks
- We provide you with the highest standard of service you would expect from a world-class credit insurer with long standing experience in international trade credit.
- Enhanced global credit management organization and strategy.
- Local implementation supported by our high level of integration.
- Our local expertise enables us to detect potential local needs that deserve your attention.
- Co-operating with your Program Leader helps to rationalize credit management procedures.
- We provide you with a new business information flow that will improve visibility and control over your local operations.
COFACE DASHBOARD – CONSOLIDATED POLICY MANAGEMENT TOOL
The Coface Dashboard is an online business intelligence tool. It transforms risk indicators into meaningful and actionable insight and enables your teams to use relevant data to make wise business decisions. Coface Dashboard is user-friendly, fast and clear. It is a three-in-one solution. It aims to help you visualize and organize your portfolio, monitor the risk management performance and steer your strategy towards safer trade.
It provides you a consolidated view over your trade receivables portfolio. With the Dashboard you will find a detailed analysis of your credit risk and claim situation. You will be able to recognize trends and be provided with explanations regarding the state of your coverage. The Dashboard greatly facilitates the management of your credit insurance program while allowing you to check the level of risk transfer.
DELIVERING A VALUABLE SERVICE: INTERNATIONAL TRADE CREDIT INSURANCE CASE STUDY
A Japanese holding company operates a worldwide electronic goods trading activity. It consists of 35 subsidiaries and approximately 100 sales offices.
The holding company implements a decentralised policy which allows its subsidiaries to purchase its own credit insurance policy. Six months ago, the Chief Financial Officer of the holding company was introduced to “Coface Global Solutions” program which three of its subsidiaries were using. Very interested in the data available on the customer portfolio provided by its “CGS Dashboard”, the Chief Financial Officer decided to conduct a global review of credit insurance. This review found that by increasing its expenditure by 23%, the company could cover 100% of its sales instead of just 56% as was previously the case.
Through the implementation of the ‘CGS Dashboard’ in all of its subsidiaries, the company identified cumulative commitments, so far unsuspected by management, on subsidiaries of a number of company clients, which were in some cases operating under their historical names with no direct connection to the name of the parent company. The decision was made to include an analysis of the largest consolidated outstandings in the next annual report, distinguishing between the insured and residual risk components. The Chief Financial Officer was confident that their shareholders, who pay close attention to working capital risks in this business, would appreciate this key information.